Welcome to the Texas Sports Medicine Center at Tomball Regional Medical Center, one of the premier outpatient sports medicine programs in Texas and the United States.
Our sports medicine program was the first hospital-based sports medicine program in the greater Houston area. The program was established in 1983 as an outpatient facility in direct response to the need for specialized treatment and rehabilitation of orthopedic injuries.
Today, the Texas Sports Medicine Center is located on an 11-acre complex and is viewed as one of the premier outpatient programs in Texas and the United States.
Our Sports Medicine Facilities
The 45,000 square foot facility includes:
- 1/10-mile track
- Aerobic dance studio
- Full-court gymnasium
- Exercise gym with a wide selection of free weights, weight stations and cardiovascular equipment
- Aquatic center
- Rehabilitation/physical therapy area
- Strength and conditioning room for athletes
The outdoor area is fenced, lighted and covers more than five acres. It includes tennis courts, a half-mile track, a hill for incline workouts, a multipurpose grass field, batting cages and a pitching compound.
Through our Sports Medicine program, you also get the MyWellness Tracking Key, which allows you to maximize your results by storing your training programs, tracking your progress, remembering preferred machine settings, syncing to some fitness apps and more.
Our Sports Medicine Services
We offer a wide range of programs at the Texas Sports Medicine Center, including:
- ACL Injury Prevention – A system used to help young athletes avoid non-contact ACL injuries and improve sports performance
- Aquatic Therapy – A physical therapy program that uses water to expand the possibilities for patients who may have weight-bearing or mobility restrictions
- Athletic Training – Event medicine and post-discharge rehabilitation
- Fitness and Recreation – Custom exercise programs tailored to your level of fitness
- ImPACT Sports Concussion Management – A comprehensive and medically-anchored model for concussion management based on currently accepted international guidelines and practices
- Occupational and Hand Therapy – Uses rehabilitative and therapeutic techniques as well as functional tasks to help patients achieve their maximum function following injury or surgery
- Physical Therapy – A therapy program based on accelerated rehabilitation
- Sports Advantage – A program that provides athletes with effective ways to improve muscular imbalances, reduce overuse injuries, develop maximum power and speed, and enhance performance
Who Can Join The Texas Sports Medicine Center?
The Texas Sports Medicine Center Fitness and Recreation Center is open to anyone who’s looking to improve their physical fitness – so you don’t have to be a Tomball Regional Medical Center patient (or an athlete) to join. In addition to our patient-oriented services, we also offer the following services to our members:
- Personal Training
- Swim instruction and aquatic programs for swimmers of all ages
- Classes – everything from BODYPUMP™ to Yoga
Learn more about our membership here or by calling (281) 351-6300.
Texas Sports Medicine Center
28120 Tomball Parkway
Tomball, TX 77375
For more information, please call (281) 351-6300