Get Back in the Game!
The Tomball Regional Orthopedic Center is a specialized center dedicated to the care of joint replacement patients. Our program brings together a team of knowledgeable surgeons with compassionate and specially trained nurses, therapists and technicians. Our goal is to provide seamless, coordinated care and get you back to your favorite activities as soon as possible.
We believe the key to better outcomes is a commitment to wellness, education, and structured programs. Knowing what to expect each step of the way in a soothing environment goes a long way to reduce stress and anxiety and prepare you for a smooth recovery.
To find out more information or schedule an appointment, call (281) 401-7934.
To register for a free Arthritis and Joint Pain seminar, click on a link below:
To read our Joint Replacement Success Stories, CLICK HERE.
At Tomball Regional Orthopedic Center, we offer:
- Robotic-assisted surgical procedures. Our surgeons are trained in minimally invasive surgical techniques that may result in less pain and a quicker recovery for patients.
- Recovery process. The recovery process is specifically tailored for the needs of patients who have had joint replacement surgery.
- Dedicated joint rehabilitation unit. All activities take place on a unit dedicated exclusively to joint replacement patients. Large, motivational posters are located throughout the halls of our center to encourage patients during their joint replacement recovery.
- Dedicated staff. All staff have been chosen specifically because of their knowledge, positive nature, and high motivational skills.
- Care Coordinator. A designated care coordinator oversees each patient's hospital stay and serves as a resource before, during, and after discharge.
- Positive outcomes. We evaluate each patient on multiple clinical, functional and patient-satisfaction criteria. These outcomes are analyzed during monthly performance improvement team meetings and help us to become masters of teamwork.
We offer surgical joint replacement procedures, including:
- Total knee replacement
- Total hip replacement (anterior and posterior approach)
- Total knee revision
- Total hip revision
- Partial knee replacement
- Robotic-assisted procedures for total hip and partial knee procedures (including resurfacing)
We treat common orthopedic conditions, including:
- Joint pain
- Joint injuries
A total joint replacement may offer benefits such as:
- Eliminating or reducing pain
- Enhancing movement and mobility
- Improving quality of life
A Team Approach
At Tomball Regional Orthopedic Center, we offer patients a personalized, interdisciplinary approach to joint replacement. Orthopedic surgeons work closely with patients and their nurses, physical and occupational therapists, pain management and case management teams to put into place a comprehensive plan for your care.
Once the patient is scheduled for surgery, the Joint Care Coordinator begins educating and preparing patients for surgery. Prior to admission, pre-operative Joint Education classes are held weekly for patients and their families to learn together. Once admitted, daily rounds are performed on each patient to track their progress and ensure the highest level of quality care is being provided. After discharge, patients receive follow-up phone calls to address any questions or concerns. The care coordinator acts as a patient navigator throughout the entire process.
Following surgery, patients are cared for by registered nurses, specializing in orthopedics and pain management, who carefully monitor and oversee their individual care. Our pain management team continuously monitors each patient to keep them comfortable and patients often remark that, while they may experience pain associated with their surgeries, the aching pain of their arthritis is gone.
Joint Replacement Success Stories
Barbara and her husband loved the travel the world, but intense knee pain began to make it difficult. When she decided to have knee replacement surgery, Barbara chose Tomball Regional Medical Center. Thrilled by the results of her first surgery, she returned three months later to have her other knee replaced. She now enjoys the freedom to travel without pain slowing her down.
Patients Results may vary. Consult your doctor for the risks and benefits of surgery.