When Texas Sports Medicine Center (TSMC) first opened its doors in 1983, physical therapy was the primary focus. Sports medicine is based on accelerated rehabilitation and physical therapy and remains an integral component of the center. Our professional, enthusiastic, highly motivated staff provides excellent care to our patients.
Our programs include:
- Ankle and Foot Injuries
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Knee Reconstruction and Surgeries
- Shoulder Surgeries and Injuries
- Sports Related Injuries
- Total Joint Replacements
- Workers' Compensation
The center is equipped with advanced equipment to facilitate quality reconditioning in an optimal amount of time. Restoration of flexibility, strength, power, endurance and biomechanical function is achieved through the application of:
- Accelerated Rehabilitation Protocols
- Aquatic Therapy
- Home Programs
- Isokinetic Assessment
- Manual Therapy
- Orthotic and Brace Fabrication
- Patient and Family Education
- Referral to the Center's Fitness Program upon Discharge
- Treatment Modalities and Exercise Equipment
Our objectives include:
- Develop Plans of Action that Maximize Functional Restoration
- Encourage Self-Reliance
- Establish Individualized Rehabilitation Programs
- Expedite Early Return to Activity
- Perform Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Evaluations
TSMC accepts patients who present a valid prescription (order) from a physician for physical therapy and whose age classification ranges from adolescent to senior adult. Physical therapy is offered on an appointment basis only.
You may view, print and complete the required forms at your leisure. The packet contains the following materials:
- Patient registration and insurance form
- Physical therapy policies and procedures
- Questionnaire and medical history
- Worker's compensation insurance form (Completion required if on worker's comp)
To speed the registration on your first visit to TSMC, please come with these orientation forms completed. If you would like one of our TSMC staff to assist you, we will provide the packet and help you complete it.
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Last appointment at 5 p.m.
To schedule a physical therapy appointment